I love Halloween candy just as much as the next mom shoving it in her face when the kids aren’t looking.
But I’ve been working REALLY hard to reduce the amount of sugar we consume on a daily basis…and the holidays blow this out of the water. These Halloween candy alternatives will help limit the treats…and hopefully still protect you from the tricks!
Halloween Candy Alternatives
1. Money – The little old lady down the street sits out in her driveway and gives the kids pennies…they LOVE it!
3. Coupons – Check with your local restaurants to see if they have any “free ice cream with purchase” coupons.
4. Spider Rings – You can order a bag of spider rings off Amazon.
5. Juice boxes – You can actually get large quantities of these pretty cheap. Check out Amazon.
6. Pencils – A Halloween themed pencil will last them until at least Thanksgiving.
7. Play-doh – They all like Play-doh…although the parents won’t be so happy with you in a few days when they’re picking it out of the carpet…or the dog.
8. Bookmark – Maybe a fun bookmark will encourage them to actually pick up a book?
9. Halloween Rubber Duckies – A vampire rubber ducky is bound to make everyone smile.
10. Stickers – Stickers are always hit…ok unless maybe it’s the 16 yr olds at the door.
I hope this list gives you some alternatives to Halloween candy this year.
Can you think of anything else that I should add to the list?