Luckily, gluten free foods are becoming more of a norm.
Many people have a known or suspected allergy/sensitivity to it…and the rest…just don’t realize they do too! It took me 20 years and thousands of dollars (not to mention all the pain and worry) to figure out that my IBS is more than likely triggered by a gluten sensitivity.
So, no matter if you need to be gluten free or choose to be, I hope these gluten free appetizers hit the spot!
Gluten Free Appetizers
Gluten free appetizers do not have to be boring. Just take a look at all of these appetizers! They are full of flavor, incredible ingredients, and some creativity.
- Peach Prosciutto Bites: Talk about creative… this appetizer combines some simple ingredients that pack a huge punch.
- Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce: Shrimp is one of my all time favorite foods to eat. The cilantro sauce steps it up a notch to give you something a little bit different.
- Italian Style Baked Mushrooms: This appetizer is packed full of flavor.
- Gluten Free Gravlax Appetizer: Not only is this appetizer delicious, it is also quite the eye catcher.
- Fresh Stuffed Tomatoes: I have made stuffed peppers before but I had yet to try stuffed tomatoes until I saw these. Yes, they taste as incredible as they look.
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Meatballs: Combining two appetizer recipes can turn into an entire new appetizer to serve… just take a look at this one.
- Spinach Potato Nest Bites: Love this recipe. It is a real crowd pleaser in my home.
- Crab Margarita Appetizer: Bring out the flavor in this dish with some help from your bar. With Cajun spices this appetizer will really get your party started.
- Sweet Potato Spring Rolls: With some simple ingredients you can make these gorgeous spring rolls too.
- Spicy Ahi Tuna Avocado Tartar Bites: One easy tip to sticking with a gluten free chip is to use tortilla chips, which this delicious appetizer calls for.
- Mexican Meatballs: This delicious appetizer is very easy to serve with the use of toothpicks. If you have any picky eaters to please, make a batch with a little less spice than the recipe calls for.
- Mini Bacon Guacamole Cups: Did someone say bacon?
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs: This appetizer recipe takes a classic favorite and adds a little twist with some jalapeno peppers. It defenitely pops!
- Sweet & Spicy Nut Mix: Keep those hungry tummies happy with this nut mix. This has my favorite flavor combos; sweet, spicy, and salty.
- Mexican Sweet Potato Skins: Topped with fresh cilantro this gluten free appetizer is sure to be a hit.
All of these appetizers bring so much to the table. When you cook with basic and simple ingredients big things happen. Not only are the flavors right on target, but the colors and presentation of these appetizers are just amazing.
My very favorite gluten free cookbook is Gluten-Free On a Shoestring. If you’re looking for some staple recipes…try that one!
Which gluten free appetizer will be first for your to make?