Living a low carb lifestyle, you sometimes really miss easy dip-pable foods. These Zucchini Fries hit the spot and will convince you you aren’t missing out on anything!
Low Carb Zucchini Fries
The low carb zucchini fries are quick and easy and perfect for a weeknight side dish or even to take to a party…where you know you need to take your own food so you’ll have something to eat.
My daughter only uses food in order to get marinara sauce into her face…these are perfect for that, but you could also use other dips like guacamole (my personal favorite), cheese, ranch or salsa.
Ok so let’s get to the recipe…
Zucchini has a lot of natural moisture in it, so it can be challenging to get crispy results when oven roasting it. Because of this, small, firm zucchini work best for this recipe. As a precaution, you may also want to remove excess seeds prior to dredging each piece in the seasoned almond or coconut flour.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
½ c. almond (or coconut) flour
½ t. garlic powder
½ t. onion powder
1 t. Italian seasoning
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs
2 T. water
1 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 small, firm zucchini, halved and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place a metal rack inside a large, rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a pie pan or shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a second pie pan or shallow bowl, gently whisk together the eggs and water until frothy and set aside.
- Add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese to a third bowl and set aside.
- Dredge zucchini pieces in the seasoned almond flour before dipping into the egg mixture. Allow excess egg to drain off each piece before transferring to the bowl with the Parmesan cheese. Turn to evenly coat each piece of zucchini before transferring to the prepared rack. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and roast until golden and crisp, around 20-25 minutes. Flip the fries once halfway through the cooking time.
When ready, remove zucchini fries from oven and serve immediately with marinara sauce or cheese or your favorite low carb dip. Enjoy!
If you’d like to print the recipe or save it to Yummly, just click the links below.
I used zucchini for this but I’m wondering if you could use other above ground veggies to make like a tempura plate….hmmmm, I feel some more kitchen experimenting coming on!
If you’re living the Keto Lifestyle and want to find like minded people, check out my free FB group – Keto Life Habits. If you need a little more individualized help, you can set up a one on one with me and we can figure out how to best help you meet your health goals.