The weather is starting to change my friends! Pretty soon leaves will begin to change color, the crisp air will greet us early mornings and evenings, and everything will be coming up pumpkin!
I love fall and everything it brings, chilly evenings, snuggly sweaters, harvest time, and delicious food, of course! As gardens are harvested and ovens are pre-heated, homes begin to fill with the wonderful aroma of comfort. Let’s start this season off right some scrumptious pumpkin muffin recipes.
Pumpkin Muffin Recipes
You will find a little bit of everything on this list including sweet, savory, gluten friendly, and even dessert type muffins. There are also some recipes with a little extra that you wouldn’t expect from a pumpkin muffin, like these Pumpkin Muffins with Cranberries and Chocolate.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins: There is a cream cheese filling hidden inside of these pumpkin muffins.
- Sour Cream Pumpkin Muffins with Coffee: An incredible trio of flavors that combines to make one delicious muffin.
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cranberries and Chocolate: This pumpkin muffin has an explosion of flavor that screams fall! YUM!
- Mini Flourless Peanut Butter Pumpkin Muffins: You do not need any flour to make these little gems.
- Pumpkin Oreo Muffins: It’s okay to indulge once in awhile, right?
- Pumpkin Walnut Muffins: The simple addition of walnuts adds a ton of flavor and texture to any muffin. If you are baking for folks who do not care for nuts, it is easy to split a batch of muffins and add them to half of the mixture.
- Pumpkin Donut Muffins: Yes, I had to go there. They are simply too delicious to pass.
- Pumpkin & Feta Muffins: These savory muffins are incredible. Made with spinach, whole grain mustard, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin… these muffins are divine.
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Muffins: This muffin would probably land in the dessert section…. BUT, you will be pleasantly surprised at some of the substitutes that can be used to turn this into a healthy version.
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Muffins: The chef behind this combo is a genius.
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins: Just about everything goes with Nutella, right?
- Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins: This GF recipe can be made in one bowl. Easy, gluten free, and delicious.
- Pumpkin Pecan Muffins: Pecans make any recipe better… especially when pumpkin is involved.
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins: Drizzled with icing, these muffins are a hit with everyone.
As you made your way through my list of pumpkin muffin recipes, I am sure there are some of you who are limited by the ingredients that these recipes call for. You can easily substitute ingredients for healthier options. Instead of using all purpose flour, opt for a whole grain flour such as King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour. You can also replace vegetable oil with applesauce or even avocado oil.
Do you have a pumpkin muffin recipe that you keep safe guarded in your cookbook?