We love hard boiled eggs…hard to believe I know, but 2 of my 3 kids will actually choose a hard boiled egg as a snack almost every day (the other one flat out refuses to eat any kind of egg…you can’t win them all).
Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs
Although almost my entire family eats a hard boiled egg daily, I HATE to peel them.
They stick and rip the egg…it takes about as long to peel one as it takes to cook them (and who knows how long to actually cook them!).
Enter the electric pressure cooker…
I know, I know…another gadget, but seriously this thing ROCKS hard boiled eggs!
Here’s what to do:
2. Add enough water to the main pot until it just comes under the basket.
3. Add your 1 dozen eggs.
4. Close the lid and plug it in.
5. Hit the Bean button (should show 6 minutes) and walk away.
6. It takes about 7-10 minutes for the steam to build up (at least on mine) and then 6 minutes to “cook”.
7. When the timer goes off, open the steam escape. Once all the steam is out open the lid. Use oven mitts to remove the pan and place on the stove to cool.
8. Place eggs in the fridge once cooled.
You will be absolutely amazed at how easy it is to peel these babies!
And an electric pressure cooker can replace your rice cooker and slow cooker so it’s really a very useful “gadget”…especially for pressure cooker hard boiled eggs!
Do you have an electric pressure cooker?