A few years ago I got a super cool food dehydrator and made some yummy Kale Chips. But two years ago we moved and I don’t have room for the dehydrator so I thought I’d try to make Oven Roasted Kale Chips. It totally worked!
Oven Roasted Kale Chips
So this was totally easy!
- I bought a bag of Taylor Farms Triple Washed Kale (it’s already cut up into mostly bite sized pieces even).
- I pre-heated the oven to 275 degrees.
- I covered a cookie sheet with parchment paper and dumped about 1/4 of the bag of kale on the cookie sheet. I spread it out, ripped up bigger pieces into smaller pieces and ripped off any stems.
- I sprayed Chosen Foods Organic Avocado Oil on it and sprinkled Sea Salt on it.
- I put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- I fought off my kids so I could actually eat some too!
I ended up making most of the bag into kale chips. My 10 year grabbed it on night and ate it all while watching TV!
If you’re low carb, one cup is about 5g net carbs and can get you a little bit of that crunchy/salty taste you’re looking for.
Have you tried oven roasted kale chips before?