This homemade protein bar recipe is AWESOME!
For the past 10 days I’ve been on a clean eating challenge called Body Fuel System (You can watch my video diary by going here.) developed by Bree Argetsinger.
I’ve already lost 5lbs and have found some awesome recipes along the way!
This week the meal plan (she gives you a 4 week meal plan) included this homemade protein bar recipe and I’m pretty sure I will keep these in my freezer from now on!
They are a great, healthy grab-able snack that my kids will eat!
No-Bake Nut Butter Cacao Chip Protein Bars
Recipe from Body Fuel System www.thebettyrocker.com
1 cup all natural Organic Peanut Butter (can use almond butter too)
1/4 cup organic Coconut Oil
1 1/3 cups protein powder (I used vanilla…yum)
1 cup Almond Meal Flour (don’t substitute wheat flour)
1/4 cup milled/ground Chia Seeds
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened Coconut Flakes (I HATE coconut so I omitted this)
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1/4 cup cacao nibs (I found 60% ones at the store)
1. Measure peanut butter and coconut oil into a microwaveable safe bowl. Microwave the ingredients together for 1 minute.
2. Mix together until evenly blended.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, ground chia seeds, coconut flakes and cacao nibs to the mixture and stir until well mixed. The consistency will be slightly sticky but dry enough to handle.
4. Scoop the batter into ungreased 9×9″ pan and press it down evenly.
5. Sprinkle chopped peanuts (if you want) over top and press them into the batter.
6. Cover and freeze for 60 minutes (I did overnight), then cut into bars (makes 12 servings). Keep in the fridge (or freezer) for storage.
Kids in the Kitchen
Did you have fun in the “kitchen” this week? Did you try a new food or a new kid friendly restaurant? Did your littlest ones use their snacks to count to 10? We invite you to share your experiences, photos, stories or recipes that include your #kidsinthekitchen. Come join me and my co-hosts Melinda at Look What Mom Found, Paula at Frosted Fingers and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together, enjoying it and learning something along the way.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog? Share an instagram photo or Facebook update.