Oh fall. How I enjoy welcoming you, especially with delicious food that comes from the abundance of harvesting. Apples flow through farmer’s markets and grocery stores during fall like water.
Whether you are lucky enough to have your own apple trees to harvest, or you find a steal of a deal on apples at your local market, these homemade applesauce recipes are perfect for any fall day.
Homemade Applesauce Recipes
- Homemade Unsweetened Applesauce: Here is a simple, unsweetened, applesauce recipe that is great to keep on hand.
- Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce Recipe: Using your slow cooker to make applesauce is a snap. This also comes in handy during the holidays when your stove is being used to the max.
- Cranberry Applesauce Recipe: Tart and sweet come together to add another level of flavor to your applesauce.
- Roasted Cardamom Applesauce: Have you ever used cardamom before? Adding it to applesauce is a great place to start.
- Maple Cinnamon Applesauce: Adding a bit of real maple syrup to your applesauce is a great way to cut back on added sugar.
- Vanilla Bean Honeycrisp Applesauce: When you use whole vanilla beans versus liquid vanilla, the result is nothing but fresh flavor.
- Homemade Strawberry Applesauce: Using strawberries to make applesauce not only adds a nice flavor, it gives your applesauce a very pretty color.
Recipes that Use Applesauce
These recipes all use applesauce as an ingredient. Time to get cooking and put that applesauce to use!
- Applesauce Mac n’ Cheese: This savory dish will be a hit with the family. Since apples and cheese pair so nicely together, why not pair them with macaroni and cheese?
- Iced Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies: These cookies scream fall. They would also be great as a freezer cookie. Bake ahead and freeze for later.
- Whole Wheat Applesauce Loaf Cake: You could use this recipe to serve at a brunch or even as a dessert.
- Family Favorite Applesauce Muffins: Warm muffins on a cool fall morning is more than comforting, it is a great way to start the day. You can also use freshly made applesauce on your muffins instead of butter.
- Healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Applesauce Brownies: I think I found a reason to keep applesauce on hand all year round!
Homemade applesauce recipes can be used for so much more than just applesauce. As I have mentioned before, you can use applesauce as a substitute for oils in recipes. It does not alter the flavor, at all, in fact, it makes your food moist.
Making your own homemade applesauce is a great way to enjoy the fall harvests. With the abundance of apples, you can preserve your applesauce by canning what you have made and using it throughout the year. Applesauce is a great snack that can also be used in meals and treats.
What is your favorite way to make homemade applesauce?