For the past 3 weeks I’ve been really working to change my diet.
Individually each of those diagnoses can make losing weight difficult, but together it’s been darn near impossible. I started on some meds, but I’m determined to get off the insulin meds and cure my insulin resistance by April (when I go back to the dr).
So far in 2015 I’ve lost 7 lbs! I’ve really been watching my snacking and trying to eat whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible.
But I’ve learned that by restricting my diet too much, I start to feel deprived. So I’ve added in a little cheese here and there and I’ve felt so much better about my food choices.
This week I remembered a creamed spinach recipe from a review I did last year for Gourmet by Numbers and knew it would be the perfect side dish.
- 1/2 6.5 oz container boursin garlic & herbs gourmet spreadable cheese
- 1 bag of spinach
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- Place olive oil in pan and turn heat to medium.
- Empty contents of spinach bag into the pan.
- Mix spinach around until it’s coated with olive oil.
- Once spinach starts to wilt (5 min or so) add in 1/2 the container of cheese.
- Mix and turn off heat.
- Serve immediately.
This is a great gluten free side dish that even my 2 year old will eat!
I promise…you’ll never eat spinach any other way after this!
Some books with gluten free side dish recipes:
- 31 Paleo Meatless Dishes: Quick and Easy Recipes for Side Dishes or Vegetarians (31 Days of Paleo Book 9)
- Gluten-Free Savory Side Dishes: 30 Kid Tested Recipes The Whole Family Will Enjoy! (Book 3 of the Gluten-Free Family Cooking Series)
- Peace, Love and Low Carb Savory Side Dishes: 20 Low Carb, Paleo and Primal Side Dish Recipes