My kids will eat pretty much anything as long as it’s in a cupcake liner so I like to add things to them to sneak a little “healthy” in on them. These chocolate protein muffins are the perfect way to do that.
These muffins were super easy and super yummy!
Typically I make muffins from scratch, but if I’m in a hurry (like today) I’ll use a box mix. It’s super simple.
This time I added vanilla protein powder to make them have a little more staying power to them. There are some other options you could do though:
- add a half cup of finely chopped spinach
- substitute apple sauce for the oil
- add a different flavor of protein powder
- add a cup of chopped strawberries (def doing this one next time)
I like to use the Duncan Hines Simple Mornings mixes because they have no HFCS and no preservatives. I would prefer that they have a little less sugar…but I was in a hurry today!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 – 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Simple Mornings Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin Mix
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Use 3/4 cup of water, but then add up to 1/4 cup more if needed.
- Mix until all ingredients are just mixed together (it’s a little chunky).
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into liners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you like to sneak in to your kids’ muffins.
Check out some of my other muffin recipes: