I remember each year we would gather in front of the console floor television (now you KNOW I’m old) to watch the Wizard of Oz. Did y’all do that?
We knew, and loved, the story. And staying up late. Our kids won’t have the same experience but I think it’s time to introduce the story to them. I think Maddi will especially LOVE the ruby slippers! LOL
I love the whole bento craze and wanted to have some kids lunch ideas ready after we watch the movie.
1. BentOnBetterLunches has this amazing Cowardly Lion lunch.
2. StephanieNEWC posted these on her Instagram.
3. KeeleyMcGuire managed to get in a rainbow, a melted witch and the yellow brick road in this one.
4. ZoesLunchBox has a pretty cute Dorothy.
5. ShoppingMum on Flickr has a not only cute but healthy lunch.
6. Bento-logy has a ruby slipper.
7. KeithasChaos went with Toto in the basket.
8. BentoMakesMeHappy used an egg for the lion’s face.
9. BentoOnBetterLunches has another one with a cheese yellow brick road.
Tools to Help
Fashionista Cookie Cutter Set – You could use the high heel for the ruby slipper, the dress to make Dorothy’s dress and the purse could be used as Toto’s basket! Great set!
Wizard of Oz Cupcake Rings – These are cute little picture you can put as a surprise in their lunches.
The Movie – Don’t forget the movie so they know what you’re talking about.
Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return – There’s a cartoon sequel that will be out Aug. 26, 2014 to keep the fun going!
Have you let your kids watch the Wizard of Oz yet?
Disclosure: This site is an Amazon affiliate site. There are affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are 100% my own.