Making your own birthday cards is the perfect way to express your creativity while showing someone just how much you care about them. Our list of handmade birthday card ideas will inspire you to do just that.
There is a lot more to a birthday card than paper, glue, and glitter. Not only are you passing along a friendly note to wish your loved one a happy birthday, you are passing along your love, time, and skill. My favorite part about making cards, and receiving them, is that you can hang onto them in remembrance of the special day. These become mementos that your friends and family will cherish for years.
Handmade Birthday Card Ideas
The biggest thing I want you to remember is that it’s NOT about perfection. You cards do not have to come out perfect. It’s about expression. You are trying to convey a feeling. You want the recipient to know that you care enough to share a piece of yourself with them.
- DIY Victorian Raspberry Girl Birthday Card: I love Victorian style. You can print this beauty out to make a gorgeous birthday card fit for a princess.
- Cupcake Birthday Card: This one is really cute. It also comes with directions to make a matching gift bag.
- Happy Birthday Balloon Card: The balloons pop off of this card. This festive DIY birthday card idea would be perfect for anyone’s special day.
- Washi Tape Birthday Cards: You can make a cake, cupcake, or birthday candle cards with the help of some Washi tape. If you have yet to try this stuff out, take a moment to pick up some rolls. It is so simple but adds so much to homemade greeting cards. It is a must have.
- Celebrate Birthday Card: This simple yet adorable card would be perfect for a little girl, or even a mom or grandma. The heart shaped balloons are a great touch.
- Whale Birthday Card Balloon: What an incredibly clever way to use a deflated balloon! It also doubles as a hiding spot for you to stash some money for the birthday boy or girl.
- Watercolor Birthday Cards: This site has free watercolor birthday card printables. They are very elegant and appropriate for just about anyone’s birthday.
- DIY Popsicle Card: This would be perfect for the person in your life who loves frozen treats.
- DIY Watercolor & Calligraphy Birthday Card: If you are artistic with the watercolor, this DIY birthday card idea is just for you. Change the color to the birthday boy or girl’s favorite hue for an extra special touch.
- Something Green with Eyeballs on Top: Great birthday card for your little monsters!
- Make A Wish Birthday Card: Use a birthday candle and a cupcake wrapper to make this adorable birthday card. Make it as colorful or simple as you would like.
- Quilling Balloons Birthday Card: Quilling is a beautiful technique that adds a lot of detail to cards. It is also very easy to create. This quilling method takes the shape of balloons.
I have another blog that is ALL CARDS ALL THE TIME…check out http://papercraftjunkie.com/ for tons more ideas! Also be sure to sign up for my email list (click here to sign up) where I send out a free printable card every week!
Which handmade birthday card idea would you like to create?